The monastery of Agia Paraskevi is located in the eastern part of the Akarnania region (18 Klm from Amphilohia). The complex consists of the church and three independent buildings, situated around the church that provide the necessary spaces for the everyday functions for the monastery life (cells, kitchen, storage etc). The temple of Agia Paraskevi has general dimensions of 15,10 X 9,50 meters (without the chancels conch) and its plan has the shape of the cross. As far as the history documentation of the temple is concerned, a few elements are known so far. Nevertheless, there is a well preserved epigraph situated at the upper part of the internal narthex entrance which mentions that the fresco of the western wall of the narthex was created in June 20th 1745 when the monastery’s abbot was Christoforos and it was paid by monastery funds. As it is certain that the narthex fresco is posterior to the wall paintings of the main temple, we can assume that the main temples paintings have been created between 1700 and 1730. From the above we can conclude with certain accuracy that the main temple was constructed either at the very end of the 17th or at the beginning of the 18th century. The monastery of the Agia Paraskevi is an exceptional monument, mainly because off its architectural type, which is quite rare in the geographic area where it is situated. Therefore, the monument is particularly interesting for the general research of the architecture and history of the Akarnania region.